Human hair wigs have come a long way since their invention. While the uses have mostly stayed the same over the years, its looks and features have significantly seen much improvement.
Chemotherapy patients often lose their hair due to the powerful chemicals used to kill cancer cells. Losing your hair to chemotherapy can be a challenging and emotionally taxing experience. You might feel like you've lost a part of your identity. Thankfully, there are ways to cope with this change. One of those options is wearing a human hair wig during chemotherapy treatment.
Why Should I Wear a Wig During Chemotherapy?
Wearing a Chavie Human Hair Wig not only conceals your chemotherapy-related hair loss but can also have other benefits. Let's list down these benefits:
- They are more comfortable than ever before — One of the main complaints about wigs used to be how uncomfortable they were. This was mainly because older wigs were made with synthetic materials that weren’t breathable for the scalp and often caused itchiness and irritation.
On the other hand, human hair wigs are much more comfortable as they are made with natural hair. This means they breathe better and are less likely to cause irritation or discomfort.
- They look more realistic than ever before — Another complaint about older wigs was how fake they looked. This was because they were made with synthetic materials that didn't look like natural hair. Or even if manufacturers made these from human hair, the quality isn’t on par with modern human hair wigs.
The continuous improvement in the quality of human hair wigs makes them more natural than ever. You can style them in many ways to make them look like your natural hair.
- They are easier to care for than ever before — Wigs used to be relatively high maintenance and required a lot of care and attention to keep them looking their best. However, human hair wigs are much easier to care for as they don't need unique products or treatments. You can simply wash and style them just like your natural hair.
- They are more affordable than ever before — One of the main reasons why people didn't wear wigs was that they were expensive. This is no longer the case, as human hair wigs have become much more affordable in recent years. Some insurance providers can now cover their costs as human hair wigs serve as a cranial prosthesis to cover medical hair loss.
- They come in various styles and colors — People used to shy away from wigs because they were pretty limited in styles and colors. This is no longer an issue, as human hair wigs come in various styles and colors. Chavie Russell Wigs can also customize your human hair wig to suit your personality.
- Human hair wigs protect from the weather — Wigs can also offer protection from the sun and cold weather. During chemotherapy, your scalp can feel sensitive and itchy due to the chemotherapy drugs. Going outdoors and exposing your scalp to the sun or cold can be uncomfortable. Wearing a human hair wig can help you stay comfortable outdoors.
How do I Choose a Human Hair Wig During Chemotherapy?
Choosing the right human hair wig can be daunting, especially with your chemotherapy sessions to consider. This means you must consider budget, styling, and many other factors. Here are a bunch of surefire tips to help you choose the right wig for you:
- Consider your lifestyle — Do you live an active lifestyle, or are you more sedentary? If you are active, you will want to choose a comfortable wig that won’t interfere with your activities. If you are less active, comfort may be less of a concern. Whichever you choose, ensure that it securely fits your scalp and looks as realistic as your natural hair.
- Consider your budget — Wigs can range in price from $30 to $3000. You will want to choose a wig that is affordable but also looks natural and feels good quality. Striking this balance can be difficult; however, an advantage of purchasing medical hair wigs is that your insurance provider may cover the cost. Not only this, but you may also enjoy tax deductions if your income is less than the purchase price of the human hair wig you wish to wear. Luckily, Chavie Russell Wigs can help you get the medical human hair wig of your dreams with our wide range of options.
- Consider the type of hair loss you are experiencing — If you are experiencing complete hair loss, you will want to choose a full lace wig or a 360 lace wig. These wigs offer the most coverage and will give you the most natural look. If you are only experiencing partial hair loss, a lace front wig may be a better option. At Chavie Russell Wigs, we have the most comfortable human hair wig cap bases with 100% Remy or Virgin European Human Hair that will make your scalp, hairline, and hair as realistic as possible.
- Go for quality — Human hair wigs offer the most natural look and feel, but they can be expensive. Synthetic wigs are more affordable, but they may look less natural. However, go for something other than the cheaper and low-quality option, as this may cost you more in the long run. Human hair wigs are durable and natural and can last longer with proper maintenance and care.
- Consider the length of time you will need to wear the wig — If you only need to wear the wig during treatment, then affordability and comfort may be your primary concern. However, if you anticipate needing to wear the wig for an extended period, quality and comfort should be your primary concern. Low-quality hair wigs can be uncomfortable after wearing them for extended periods, but with high-quality human hair wigs, such as Chavie Hair Wigs, you're sure to feel still comfortable; you might opt not to remove them even after the day ends.
6. Lastly, don’t forget about accessories! Wigs come in all different colors and styles, so have fun with them! You can experiment with different looks until you find one that makes you feel confident and comfortable. Scarves, hats, and headbands can also help make wig-wearing more bearable on hot days or when your scalp is sensitive.
Why Choose Chavie Russell Wigs for Chemotherapy?
If you consider wearing a wig during chemotherapy, a human hair wig is a way to go. They are more comfortable, realistic, and easier to care for than ever before and come in various styles and colors.
So why not give one a try? You may be surprised at how much you like it.
Chavie Russell Wigs is a wig company specializing in human hair wigs for chemotherapy patients and those experiencing hair loss due to other medical conditions. We understand how difficult and daunting it can be to choose the correct wig during treatment which is why we offer a wide range of options to fit every lifestyle, budget, and type of hair loss.
We want you to regain your identity, confidence, and self-esteem during this difficult time. That’s why we offer a wide range of human hair wig options, including lace front wigs, full lace wigs, and 360 lace wigs. Not only this, but our human hair wigs are of the highest quality and offer a natural look and feel. They are also comfortable to wear and can last long with proper care and maintenance.
Our expert stylists are here to help you find the perfect wig for your needs. Contact us today to learn more about our products or schedule a consultation!